I know some of you don’t believe me, but Moodle can really help you when it comes to grading and keeping track of student assignments. I see so many teachers still carrying around these paper grade books. I am sure these grade books have been working well enough for you for ages; so why change? Why should you use Moodle as your grade book?
Here are 5 very good reasons to Start Using the Moodle Grade Book
- Students can upload files, links or copy and paste in submissions. It serves as a record of their learning. It documents the exact time they turn it in.
- You can easily see who has submitted assignments and who has not.
- You can give grades and feedback to students right in the Moodle grade book. Students can see this and keep track of their work better. They even get notifications of assignments that are due!
- Students can use Poodl to complete activities that record their voice or use their webcam. The teacher can use the Poodl feature to give verbal feedback.
- Moodle does the math. You can set up your grade book so different items have different weights. No more calculating manually.
Also, in Moodle, you can set up customized grading scales. Our own Ryan Sager has come up with the MS grading scale (Meets Expectations, Approaching Expectations, Doesn’t Meet Expectation) which will help us transition to Standards Based grading next year.
My next post will be about how to set up the Moodle Gradebook. So follow my blog so you don’t miss out!